Monday, October 8, 2012

Review: On the Edge


On the Edge
On the Edge by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I couldn't find anything to read and a friend said I had to read this one. The description was ok, nothing that would say I just had to read it, but this is a trusted friend who led me to the Mercy Thompson books that I absolutely love, and so I gave her the benefit of the doubt again. I will never doubt the awesomeness of her ability to find a good book again.


By page 5 I couldn't stop reading Rose's adventure living in the Edge. She is more than a one dimensional Cinderella character where the rich handsome prince saves her, Rose is going to save herself if need be she is that kick ass. She works the best she can without a social security number, which means off the books with no protection from arses as a boss, she is raising her younger brothers with just a little help from her Grandmother, who nicknamed the magical young lads the hooligans.

Enter Declan the hero of this piece, at first he seems like a bit of a jerk that doesn't last long though. He is endearing, a bit over protective (what alpha male isn't), but he sees that Rose can take care of herself and he loves her for who she is without trying to change her, even if Rose worries that she won't fit into his world the way she is, Declan knows she fits into her heart.


The pair share an adventurous, slightly humorous relationship filled with danger do to a villain that threatens to bring an end to the Edge. I can't believe how quickly I devoured this book, and it made being on medical leave worthwhile because now I can read the other books in the series without interruption lol.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment